Solar Leases: Deal Structures, Key Provisions and Practical Considerations
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with a review of deal structures and key legal and practical issues involved in drafting and negotiating a solar lease. The panel will outline legal and practical considerations for counsel to maximize benefits and minimize risks in a solar leasing opportunity.
- Types of solar projects
- Benefits of a solar project
- Deal structure and site location
- Identification and resolution of key legal issues in solar leases
- Identification and resolution of key practical issues in solar leases
- Best practices for negotiation and structure of a solar lease agreement
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What structures are suitable for a solar leasing project—and what are the benefits and risks of each?
- What are the implications of site choice on deal dynamics?
- How can counsel address legal issues that arise in structuring a solar lease?
- What are best practices to maximize your clients’ financial benefit from a solar lease?
- What are best practices to avoid common pitfalls in structuring a solar project and negotiating a solar lease?
Stephen A. Kisker
Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi
Mr. Kisker advises on all facets of commercial and residential real estate acquisition, development, financing,... | Read More
Mr. Kisker advises on all facets of commercial and residential real estate acquisition, development, financing, redevelopment, management and disposition. He also assists end users, contractors, developers, investors and lenders in the sale, purchase, structuring and development of renewable energy projects. Mr. Kisker provides experienced counsel on all aspects of renewable energy projects, including: PPAs; engineering, procurement and construction agreements; site leases and licenses; SREC contracts; operation and maintenance contracts; joint venture agreements; and asset purchase agreements.Close
Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo
Mr. Schnitzler works with commercial real estate, health care, technology, and energy clients in the acquisition,... | Read More
Mr. Schnitzler works with commercial real estate, health care, technology, and energy clients in the acquisition, leasing, sale, financing and development of office, multifamily, industrial and R&D properties. Among other matters he has represented a landlord in negotiation of 1,000,000 square foot rooftop lease to solar developer and has represented a real estate fund in securing a $250 million syndicated financing with a revolving credit facility, secured by a portfolio of West Coast office properties.Close