Solar Financing Tax Equity Structures: Sale-Leasebacks, Inverted Leases and Partnership Flips
Choosing the Right Structure, Weighing Advantages and Drawbacks of Various Structures
Recording of a 90-minute CLE/CPE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss solar financing tax equity structures—sale-leasebacks, inverted leases and partnership flips—and the advantages and disadvantages of each from a legal, business, financial and tax perspective. The panel will examine current trends and issues in solar financings.
- Current state of the solar finance market and trends for the near future
- Choosing the appropriate tax equity structure
- Inverted lease
- Partnership flip
- Evaluating the tax risks
- Current issues in deals
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the differences among the sale-leaseback, inverted lease and partnership flip types of tax equity structures?
- What are the pros and cons of each of the basic tax equity structures?
- What factors drive equity investor preference for a particular type of structure?
- What tax issues are currently taking up the most time in deals?
Norton Rose Fulbright
Mr. Martin is a transactional lawyer whose principal areas of practice are tax and project finance. He acted for 178... | Read More
Mr. Martin is a transactional lawyer whose principal areas of practice are tax and project finance. He acted for 178 companies last year and worked on transactions in the United States and eight foreign countries. He also lobbies Congress and the Treasury Department on policy issues. He is co-head of the Firm’s project finance group.Close
Associate General Counsel, Tax