Solar Energy Land Use and Zoning Issues: Key Regulations, Large-Scale Use Factors and Conflicts, Agreements, Credits
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide renewable energy counsel with an in-depth analysis of critical issues for solar energy land use and zoning. The panel will discuss key federal and state regulatory challenges, identifying solar resources and mapping, large-scale solar use factors and conflicts, considerations for lease and easement agreements, and obtaining tax incentives.
- Key federal and state regulations
- Zoning considerations
- Large scale solar use factors and conflicts
- Siting and permitting
- Leases and easements
- Tax incentives
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the critical federal regulations for solar energy development and land use?
- What recent legislation at the state level focuses on solar energy zoning and land use?
- What are the essential factors to consider for large scale solar use projects?
- What are the key negotiating and drafting points for lease and easement agreements?
- What are the common siting and permitting challenges and methods to overcome them?
- How can you ensure that tax credits and other incentives are maintained?
Kyle C. Barry
Mr. Barry has an extensive background in business expansion services and economic development projects, with a special... | Read More
Mr. Barry has an extensive background in business expansion services and economic development projects, with a special emphasis on renewable and clean energy projects.Close
D. Brennen Keene
Mr. Keene serves as co-lead of the firm’s renewable energy team. He assists clients with land-use and... | Read More
Mr. Keene serves as co-lead of the firm’s renewable energy team. He assists clients with land-use and transactional matters related to a wide range of real estate development projects, including renewable energy projects, industrial projects, and commercial/mixed-use projects.Close