Siting and Permitting for Renewable Energy Projects: Legal Challenges
Managing Environmental Constraints, Choosing the Permitting Authority
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will help companies participating in energy projects and their counsel understand and navigate the challenges involved in siting and permitting energy facilities. The panel will discuss key risks and considerations during the various stages of an energy project, overcoming challenges in siting and permitting, addressing public opposition and outreach, nuisance law and environmental concerns, and other items impacting energy projects.
- Site selection
- Transmission lines (and other infrastructure)
- Availability of renewable resource
- Regulatory roadblocks
- Addressing public opposition (NIMBY)
- Meeting state renewable portfolio standards
- Environmental constraints
- Siting and permitting authority
- Federal authority
- State authority
- Local authority
- Who has jurisdiction?
- Environmental issues that impact permits for renewable energy facilities
- Strategies for siting and permitting
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What risks and considerations must a company and its counsel consider during the various stages of energy project?
- What are the practical aspects of community outreach and approval strategies?
- What approaches can counsel to developers and property owners use to limit risks associated with siting and permitting an energy facility?
Brooke Geren McNabb
Ms. McNabb's practice has focused on big-stakes commercial cases for energy companies and complex disputes in the... | Read More
Ms. McNabb's practice has focused on big-stakes commercial cases for energy companies and complex disputes in the real estate sector. She has served as lead lawyer in numerous commercial and personal injury matters and has first-chaired multiple trials resulting in favorable jury and bench verdicts. Ms. McNabb represents plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and other tort claims. She also represents defendants in serious personal injury cases.Close
Andrea Moore Stover
Ms. Stover’s practice focuses on counseling and representing energy, water, and other clients in regulated... | Read More
Ms. Stover’s practice focuses on counseling and representing energy, water, and other clients in regulated industries and matters before administrative agencies, the State Office of Administrative Hearings (SOAH), as well as state and federal courts. Ms. Stover has extensive experience representing utilities and other regulated entities on a wide variety of matters, including rate proceedings, complaint cases, applications for Certificates of Convenience and Necessity (CCN) and related matters, rulemakings, and open records matters.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 03/01/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 03/01/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H