Siting and Permitting Energy Projects: Managing the Risks
Selecting the Site, Navigating the Regulatory Authority, and Winning the Public Relations Battle
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance to counsel involved in energy project development to navigate the siting and permitting challenges. The panel will discuss the regulatory and environmental hurdles and offer strategies for getting an energy project sited and permitted.
- Risk Analysis
- Regulatory Risk
- Cost Recovery
- Avoiding/Minimizing Regulated Status
- Media, Public Relations Risk
- Litigation Risk
- Regulatory Risk
- Different Project Stages Present Different Risks
- Project Design
- Site Selection
- Eash Industry has its Own Risks
- Upstream Oil & Gas
- Downstream Oil & Gas
- Conventional Power
- Renewable Power
- Strategies for Limiting Risk
- Limiting Regulatory Risk
- Limiting Media, Public Relations Risk
- Limiting Litigation Risk
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What factors must a company and their counsel consider when selecting a site for an energy project?
- What environmental issues will impact obtaining a permit for an energy project?
- What strategies can developers, property owners and their counsel employ in siting and permitting an energy project?
James H. (Jim) Barkley
Mr. Barkley has been involved in most phases of wholesale and retail deregulation of the Texas electric market. He... | Read More
Mr. Barkley has been involved in most phases of wholesale and retail deregulation of the Texas electric market. He represents clients facing siting and permitting challenges for their facilities, including electric transmission service providers. He represented large wind developers before the Texas Public Utility Commission that will determine where and how Texas will encourage wind generation development.Close
Mr. Kroger concentrates in litigation involving energy and alternative energy, commercial disputes, personal injury and... | Read More
Mr. Kroger concentrates in litigation involving energy and alternative energy, commercial disputes, personal injury and products liability. He has represented wind generators against claims by environmental group for injunctive relief to shut down construction of wind farm and on numerous disputed controversies before the state public utilities commission.Close