Sick Leave Compliance: Reconciling Overlapping Laws for Multi-State Employers
Navigating Eligibility, Accrual, Recording and Discipline Requirements
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance to employment counsel for efficiently navigating the maze of laws governing sick leave. The panel will review appropriate eligibility and accrual policies, how to reconcile overlapping requirements, discipline issues, and more.
- Paid sick leave eligibility and accrual requirements
- Best practices for recording and monitoring employee hours
- Reconciling overlapping requirements
- Sick leave abuse prevention and discipline
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How can counsel advise employers to best reconcile varying sick leave requirements?
- What best practices should be implemented for establishing eligibility and accrual requirements?
- What best practices should be implemented to address potential sick leave abuse while protecting the rights of employees?
Jamerson C. Allen
Mr. Allen is the California Regional Coordinator of the firm’s’ Disability, Leave and Health Management... | Read More
Mr. Allen is the California Regional Coordinator of the firm’s’ Disability, Leave and Health Management practice group. In this role, he advises employers on complying with federal and California requirements for disability accommodation and protected leaves of absence. Mr. Allen also represents employers in a wide variety of other matters, including defending against claims for wrongful termination, wage hour violations, workplace harassment, defamation, and discrimination.Close
Michael J. Soltis
Office Managing Shareholder and Litigation Manager
Mr. Soltis has represented employers in a wide range of employment and labor matters for more than 30 years. He has... | Read More
Mr. Soltis has represented employers in a wide range of employment and labor matters for more than 30 years. He has advised on and litigated matters involving just about every type of employment claim, including discrimination claims, family and medical leave claims, and contract claims. In addition, Mr. Soltis has extensive experience on all aspects of family and disability leave management, layoff planning and implementation, and workplace wellness initiatives.Close