Short Sales and Bankruptcy Sales of Commercial Properties
Strategies for Investors and Owners to Minimize Business and Legal Risks
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for counsel to investors and owners for evaluating potential purchases of commercial properties through a short sale or bankruptcy sale. The panel will explain the legal and business risks to investors and owners and strategies for mitigating those risks.
- Short sales
- Owner considerations
- Investor considerations
- Lender considerations
- Bankruptcy sales
- Auction sale
- Section 363 sale
- Bidder pre-qualifications
- Pre-negotiated sales
- Stalking horses
- Best practices for investors, owners and lenders
- Negotiating the deal
- Documenting the transaction
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What business and legal factors should investors, buyers and lenders consider in deciding whether to buy or sell commercial property through a short sale or bankruptcy sale?
- How can investors and buyers identify and minimize their legal risks when executing a short sale or bankruptcy sale?
- What are the key considerations and best practices in negotiating and documenting the transaction?
Ren R. Hayhurst
He represents lenders in real estate and commercial loan documentation, real estate loan workouts and foreclosure,... | Read More
He represents lenders in real estate and commercial loan documentation, real estate loan workouts and foreclosure, receivership and loan/guaranty enforcement litigation. He is a frequent speaker on a wide variety of real estate topics.Close
Hal Mark Mersel
He represents banks, mortgage companies, and other financial institutions in consumer class actions and other financial... | Read More
He represents banks, mortgage companies, and other financial institutions in consumer class actions and other financial services matters and also represents the nation's largest servicers of commercial mortgages in foreclosure, receivership, work-out and lender liability matters. He has published several articles on various topics regarding commercial litigation, real estate and bankruptcy law.Close