Security Interests in Uncommon Collateral: IP, Insurance Policies, Agricultural Products, Maritime Vessels, and More
Navigating Attachment, Perfection, and Priority Under the UCC, Federal and State Law
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the attachment and perfection of security interests in various types of unusual collateral. The panel will discuss the laws and protocols beyond Article 9 of the UCC that come into play when perfecting interests in trademarks, copyrights, insurance policies, agricultural produce, securities, maritime vessels, and motor vehicles.
- Creating and perfecting security interests in uncommon collateral under the UCC
- Special issues governed by other statutes, regulations, and treaties
- Intellectual property
- Insurance policies and proceeds
- Agricultural products
- Motor vehicles
- Maritime vessels
- Resolving issues involving preemption or superseding law
- Pitfalls to avoid and best practices
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What uncommon collateral can be subject to federal or state law impacting methods of creation and perfection of secured interests?
- What are the potential pitfalls for secured parties seeking attachment, perfection, and priority of secured interests in uncommon collateral?
- What are the superseding or preemption issues that counsel should understand?
Dean T. Kirby, Jr.
Kirby & McGuinn
Mr. Kirby represents lenders, creditors and fiduciaries in bankruptcy, foreclosure commercial collection,... | Read More
Mr. Kirby represents lenders, creditors and fiduciaries in bankruptcy, foreclosure commercial collection, receiverships, workouts and lending transactions. He is certified by the American Board of Certification in the field of Creditors' Rights and by the Board of Specialization of the State Bar of California in the field of Bankruptcy. He is the only San Diego lawyer to have achieved certification in both Creditor Rights and Bankruptcy.Close
Marc L. Klyman
Mr. Klyman is experienced in a wide range of lending and capital markets transactions. He has represented lenders and... | Read More
Mr. Klyman is experienced in a wide range of lending and capital markets transactions. He has represented lenders and borrowers in transactions secured by receivables, inventory, real estate and other assets. Mr. Klyman also has worked on the securitization of aircraft leases, aircraft loans, auto leases, auto loans, credit card receivables, dealer floorplan receivables, equipment leases, equipment loans, health care receivables, marine container leases, mortgage loans, railcar leases, recreational vehicle loans, senior settlements (life insurance policies), ship loans, structured settlements (litigation settlements), student loans, tax liens and trade receivables.Close