Sect. 263A: Allocating Direct and Indirect Costs
Mastering Established and Evolving Regs, Guidance and Rulings
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This teleconference will provide tax professionals and advisors with an in-depth analysis of Sect. 263A (capital A) regulations and guidance, explore frequently faced cost-capitalization decisions through practical examples, and outline best practices for honing corporate compliance and planning.
Fundamental Sect. 263A concepts
- Full absorption inventory method
- Identifying and allocating costs
- Allocating additional costs to inventory
Relevant Sect. 263A guidance
- Sales-based royalties
- Proposed regulations
Ongoing compliance challenges under Sect. 263A
- Reseller issues
- Licenses to sell products
- LIFO taxpayers
The panel will explore these and other key topics:
- Identifying the ramifications of planned regulation changes involving sales-based vendor allowances and the retail inventory method.
- Understanding Sect. 263A's differentiation between direct and indirect costs.
- Working within the facts-and-circumstances or simplified allocation methodologies.
- Treatment of negative amounts in the 263A simplified formulae.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
She has worked for Deloitte for about 13 years and currently serves as Northeast Region competency leader for... | Read More
She has worked for Deloitte for about 13 years and currently serves as Northeast Region competency leader for federal tax accounting, and as a liaison with the Washington National Tax Group. Before coming to the firm, she served in several posts for the IRS Office of Chief Counsel.Close
Mr. Margelefsky is attached to the firm's Washington National Tax Services Group, specializing in accounting... | Read More
Mr. Margelefsky is attached to the firm's Washington National Tax Services Group, specializing in accounting methods and inventory. He has worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers for six years.Close
Ernst & Young
She is attached to the firm's Federal Tax Services Group in its National Tax Department. She has more than 12... | Read More
She is attached to the firm's Federal Tax Services Group in its National Tax Department. She has more than 12 years of professional experience and focuses on inventory tax accounting including Sect. 263A uniform cost capitalization.Close