Satisfying Employee Benefits Plan Disclosure, Notice, and Election Requirements
Actions for Plan Administrators, DOL Guidance, Safe Harbors, and Fiduciary Liability
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide employee benefits attorneys guidance on current rules and requirements for plan disclosures, notices, and elections. The panel will discuss disclosures and reporting requirements for ERISA plans, critical issues for health and welfare plans, use of electronic media, recent DOL guidance, and other essential items to ensure compliance.
- ERISA requirements
- Written plan documents
- SPDs for plan participants
- Penalties for noncompliance
- Challenges for disclosure, notice, and elections
- Electronic media
- EBSA disaster relief
- DOL guidance and safe harbors
- Best practices and next steps for plan sponsors and administrators
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What types of employee welfare benefit plans are subject to ERISA reporting and disclosure requirements, and what are the penalties for failing to comply?
- What are the administrative challenges and solutions for plan disclosures, notices, and elections?
- What guidance and safe harbors have been provided by the DOL?
- What are next steps for plan sponsors and administrators to ensure compliance?
José M. Jara
Mr. Jara has over 20 years of ERISA and employee benefits experience, ranging from governmental compliance,... | Read More
Mr. Jara has over 20 years of ERISA and employee benefits experience, ranging from governmental compliance, fiduciary liability insurance, to the application of ERISA’s fiduciary standards and prohibited transaction provisions. Mr. Jara has extensive experience resolving issues for corporate plan sponsors and multiemployer plans before the U.S. Department of Labor, where he was formerly a senior pension law specialist and investigator.Close
Seth J. Safra
Mr. Safra advises clients on compensation and benefit programs. His experience covers a broad range of retirement plan... | Read More
Mr. Safra advises clients on compensation and benefit programs. His experience covers a broad range of retirement plan designs, from traditional defined benefit to cash balance and floor-offset arrangements, ESOPs and 401(k) plans—often coordinating qualified and non-qualified arrangements. Mr. Safra also advises on ERISA compliance for investments, including the U.S. Department of Labor’s new conflict of interest (fiduciary) rules.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 10/30/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 10/30/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H