Sales Tax Attributional Nexus: Latest Developments Affecting Multi-State Companies
Adjusting Tax Compliance Given New Laws, Rules and Policies on Click-Through Agreements, Representative Nexus and Other Triggers
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This teleconference will bring tax professionals up to date on the latest legislative, regulatory and judicial events affecting attributional sales tax nexus standards for multi-state companies, ranging from online affiliates to those who can be regarded as a company's in-state representative.
Latest state actions on nexus
- Law and regulations adopted in recent months
- Nexus expansion bills rejected
- Relevant court actions
- Status of state mandate legislation under consideration in Congress
Other aspects of state actions
- Amazon tax-collection deals with certain states
- VDA offers
- Customer notification requirements
- Practical tax, business planning approaches to consider
The panel will update and examine these and other important developments:
- States expanding sales tax nexus based on click-through arrangements.
- States toughening their nexus standards arising from activities of companies' online affiliates.
- States acting based on representational "substantial nexus" affecting more traditional companies.
- Outlook for congressional legislation in attributional sales tax nexus issues.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Multistate Tax Commission
She has worked as general counsel since 2006 for the organization representing state tax agencies, after serving for... | Read More
She has worked as general counsel since 2006 for the organization representing state tax agencies, after serving for three years as deputy general counsel. She previously worked as general counsel, and as director of policy and research, at the Kansas Revenue Department.Close
Alston & Bird
He is attached to the firm's State & Local Tax Group, and works most often on client issues with online sales,... | Read More
He is attached to the firm's State & Local Tax Group, and works most often on client issues with online sales, cloud computing and digital goods issues. He also has experience with unclaimed property compliance and audit planning.Close
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
His practice emphasizes state and local income, franchise, sales and transfer tax matters. He represents corporate and... | Read More
His practice emphasizes state and local income, franchise, sales and transfer tax matters. He represents corporate and individual clients in various aspects of state and local tax controversies including audits, administrative appeals and hearings. He is a frequent writer and speaker on multi-state tax topics.Close