S Corporation Shareholder-Employee Compensation: The Reasonable Compensation Standards
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This course will provide tax advisers and other professionals with a comprehensive examination of the rules governing compensation of S corporation officers and shareholders, focusing on determining, documenting, and supporting reasonable compensation to avoid or withstand IRS scrutiny.
- Advantage of distribution vs. wages
- Reasonable compensation in the courts
- IRS guidelines and criteria
- Profitability of an S corp vs. distribution of an S corp
- How to: approaches for determining reasonable compensation
- Build Back Better and NIIT
The panel will review these and other vital issues:
- What types of businesses and compensation arrangements are most likely to attract IRS challenge?
- Standards for structuring and defending reasonable compensation plans
- Identify options for determining fair compensation
- Assess the consequences of an IRS recharacterization of distributions
Paul S. Hamann
Mr. Hamann is an expert on determining reasonable compensation for closely-held business owners. He has educated more... | Read More
Mr. Hamann is an expert on determining reasonable compensation for closely-held business owners. He has educated more than 30,000 tax advisors on the topic of reasonable compensation for shareholder-employees of S Corps and has been published in numerous state CPA society journals. He, along with other experts in their own fields founded RCReports in 2010. RCReports cloud software determines reasonable compensation for closely-held business owners and is used by CPA’s, EA’s, tax advisors, forensic accountants and valuators when they need to determine a reasonable compensation figure for a client.Close
Jason Watson, CPA
Mr. Watson advises small business owners in creating a map for the future. His focus is on S corporations,... | Read More
Mr. Watson advises small business owners in creating a map for the future. His focus is on S corporations, self-employment taxes, health insurance issues and retirement planning. He is a published author on tax issues for S corporations and LLCs, Taxpayer’s Comprehensive Guide to LLCs and S Corps.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CPE credit is not available on downloads.