Russia's Amended Anti-Bribery Law: Extended Statute of Limitations, Greater Penalties and More
Developing and Implementing Mandatory Affirmative Anti-Corruption Measures, Navigating Interplay with FCPA
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for counsel to companies doing business in Russia to develop and implement a compliance program consistent with not only guidance from U.S. and U.K. authorities, but also from the Russian Ministry of Labor. The panel will review recent anti-corruption enforcement actions involving allegations of misconduct in Russia and discuss approaches to the unique anti-corruption compliance challenges presented in Russia.
- Corruption in Russia
- FCPA and anti-corruption risks in Russia
- Russian anti-corruption laws
- Enforcement activity in Russia
- Reach of the FCPA and UK Bribery Act in Russia
- Best practices for identifying and mitigating risk
- Risk factors
- Mitigating risk
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the risk factors that make companies conducting business in Russia vulnerable to possible violations of the amended anti-corruption laws and the FCPA?
- How are the U.S. and Russian governments acting to enforce their respective anti-corruption laws?
- What are the best practices for companies to utilize in developing anti-corruption compliance programs and due diligence efforts?
- What unique considerations under Russian law need to be taken into account when implementing compliance programs?
Mr. Heinz works in the corporate group on M&A and private equity transactions. He has extensive experience in... | Read More
Mr. Heinz works in the corporate group on M&A and private equity transactions. He has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating a range of transaction documentation, including sales and purchase agreements, shareholders and joint venture agreements, subscription agreements, option agreements, and loan agreements. He devotes a considerable portion of his practice to advising international companies on issues related to anti-bribery compliance, due diligence and best practices under the laws of various jurisdictions, in particular the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.Close
William D. Semins
Mr. Semins concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation and compliance with the Foreign Corrupt... | Read More
Mr. Semins concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation and compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. He advises companies with business in foreign countries with respect to FCPA compliance and conducts investigations into prospective and existing foreign agents and business partners.Close
Ms. Sharova's practice is focused on anti-monopoly regulation, merger control filings, competition and... | Read More
Ms. Sharova's practice is focused on anti-monopoly regulation, merger control filings, competition and anti-corruption compliance issues in Russia and the CU. She advises several pharmaceutical companies on different aspects of Russian regulation of their activities as well. She is involved in various compliance training sessions organised for Dentons' clients. She is currently an active participant of conferences and seminars covering compliance issues.Close