Rule 23(b)(2) Injunctive Relief Class Actions: Recent Decisions, Approaches for Plaintiffs and Defendants
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the standards for injunctive classes and cover recent judicial decisions on this topic. Our panel will also discuss strategies for approaching Rule 23(b)(2) class actions from both the plaintiff and defense perspective.
- Discussion of recent case law involving Rule 23(b)(2) class actions
- Overview of standards to bring an injunctive class action
- Strategies and benefits of bringing injunctive class actions for plaintiffs
- Strategies and implications of an injunctive class action for defendants
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are the recent judicial decisions regarding Rule 23(b)(2) class actions?
- What are the standards for bringing an injunctive class action under Rule 23(b)(2)?
- What are the benefits of bringing an injunctive class action?
- What are the common defenses to injunctive class actions available to defendants?
Wystan M. Ackerman
Robinson & Cole
Mr. Ackerman chairs the firm's Class Action Team and has a national class action defense practice. He has been... | Read More
Mr. Ackerman chairs the firm's Class Action Team and has a national class action defense practice. He has been involved in defending more than 60 class actions in numerous jurisdictions and in many of those cases prevailed on a dispositive motion. Mr. Ackerman has defended putative class action cases involving insurance and financial services, products liability, data breaches, healthcare, consumer contracts, and securities. Mr. Ackerman has chaired the Class Action Special Litigation Group of the Commercial Litigation Committee of the DRI, and is currently Vice Chair of the Class Action and Multidistrict Section of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel.Close
Alexandra S. (Xan) Bernay
Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd
Ms. Bernay specializes in antitrust and unfair competition class action litigation. She has also worked on some of the... | Read More
Ms. Bernay specializes in antitrust and unfair competition class action litigation. She has also worked on some of the firm’s largest securities fraud class actions, including the Enron litigation, which recovered an unprecedented $7.2 billion for investors. In In re Payment Card Interchange Fee and Merchant Discount Antitrust Litig. Ms. Bernay serves as co-lead counsel. That case, pending in the Eastern District of New York, is brought on behalf of millions of U.S. merchants against Visa and MasterCard and various card-issuing banks. The case challenges the way these companies set and collect tens of billions of dollars annually in merchant fees.Close