Reviving Dormant Real Estate Projects: Legal Considerations
Evaluating and Assessing Land Use Entitlements, Discretionary Approvals, and Other Key Issues
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss legal considerations when reviving a dormant real estate project. The panel will focus on land use entitlements, discretionary approvals and other key issues.
- Due diligence to determine existing entitlements
- Determining whether entitlements have lapsed
- Determining whether entitlements have vested
- Determining whether further environmental review is necessary
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key legal risks and considerations for developers and their counsel related to restarting and completing stalled projects?
- How can counsel to developers mitigate and manage legal risks inherent in restarting stalled projects?
- How can developers' counsel determine what land use entitlements have vested?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
David P. Waite
Cox, Castle & Nicholson
He has practiced land use and environmental law for over 20 years. His real estate development practice includes... | Read More
He has practiced land use and environmental law for over 20 years. His real estate development practice includes zoning, CEQA compliance, discretionary permits and entitlements, subdivisions, development agreements, public-private partnerships, infrastructure agreements, and compliance with climate change laws.Close
Gresham Savage Nolan & Tilden
She provides strategic, legal, business and political advice to clients involved in the development of real property.... | Read More
She provides strategic, legal, business and political advice to clients involved in the development of real property. She represents clients before government agencies in connection with land use approvals and regulatory compliance, and assists clients in land-use related litigation.Close