Retirement Benefits in the Non-Taxable Estate: Maximizing Tax-Deferred Advantages
Estate Planning for Pension and 401Ks, IRAs/Roth IRAs, Beneficiary Designations, and Post-Mortem Administration
Recording of a 90-minute CLE/CPE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss planning for the disposition of retirement benefits for estates below the threshold for filing a federal estate tax return. The program will look at retirement plan differences, beneficiary designations, and post-mortem planning.
- Overview of retirement plans within an estate
- Beneficiary designation issues
- Post-mortem planning challenges
- Checklist for practitioners advising clients
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the differences between profit sharing/401(k) plans and defined benefit plans and how they are handled in estate plans?
- How should advisors deal with IRAs vs. Roth IRAs?
- What are the minimum distribution rules and how can they be leveraged to the beneficiaries’ interests?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of establishing trusts as beneficiaries of retirement assets?
Givner & Kaye
Mr. Givner has been practicing tax law for more than three decades, specializing in income tax planning, estate tax... | Read More
Mr. Givner has been practicing tax law for more than three decades, specializing in income tax planning, estate tax planning, sophisticated retirement plans, asset protection planning, charitable planning, capital gain planning, tax litigation, and the representation of high net worth and high income families, as well as individuals and their closely held corporations. He speaks frequently on topics and subjects within his extensive expertise.Close
Kristen M. Lynch
Fowler White Burnett
As a shareholder in the Firm’s Trusts & Estates group, Ms. Lynch focuses her practice on estate planning,... | Read More
As a shareholder in the Firm’s Trusts & Estates group, Ms. Lynch focuses her practice on estate planning, probate and retirement planning, and IRA matters. An Accredited Estate Planner (AEP), she has over twenty years of experience in trust and estates law, working almost exclusively with high net worth IRA clients for the last seventeen years. Ms. Lynch is also a Certified Trust and Financial Advisor as well as a Certified IRA Services Professional.Close