Retail Clinics in Healthcare: Corporate Practice of Medicine, Licensure, Scope of Practice Compliance
Navigating Emerging Relationships with Physicians, Hospitals and Payers
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide healthcare counsel with a review of the key legal and business issues involved with retail clinics. The panel will offer guidance on the formation, operation and regulation of retail clinics.
- Key legal considerations
- Corporate practice of medicine
- Scope of practice
- Regulatory and licensing requirements
- Emerging trends and issues related to retail clinics and their affiliations with other providers
- Third-party payers incorporating retail clinics into their networks
- The future of retail medicine
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What key legal considerations should healthcare counsel consider when clients are contemplating acquiring or operating a retail clinic?
- What limitations do corporate practice of medicine and scope of practice laws place on retail clinics?
- What factors should healthcare counsel take into account when leasing retail space for a clinic?
Paul A. Carr-Rollitt
McDermott Will & Emery
Mr. Carr-Rollitt advises clients on general and nonprofit corporate transactions and healthcare regulatory issues. He... | Read More
Mr. Carr-Rollitt advises clients on general and nonprofit corporate transactions and healthcare regulatory issues. He represents a wide range of clients in connection with M&As, joint ventures, affiliations, reorganizations, public offerings and private equity transactions, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, licensure, and general corporate matters. Mr. Carr-Rollitt regularly advises clients seeking to establish integrated care organizations, including advising on contractual issues and the formation, governance and operation of complex healthcare joint ventures. His experience extends to non-traditional healthcare providers, such as retail health clinics and freestanding emergency departments.Close
Paul W. Pitts
Mr. Pitts advises healthcare providers and life science companies on regulatory matters and business transactions. This... | Read More
Mr. Pitts advises healthcare providers and life science companies on regulatory matters and business transactions. This often includes providing clients with guidance on fraud and abuse laws, payment and coverage rules, privacy and security laws, and participation in Medicare and Medicaid programs. Mr. Pitts has worked with a wide range of healthcare providers and life science companies, and has particularly deep industry experience in radiology, radiation oncology, telemedicine and long-term care.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $9.45 S&H