Retail Clinics in Healthcare: A Post-Pandemic Review of Corporate Practice of Medicine, Licensure, Scope of Practice Compliance
Navigating Relationships With Physicians, Hospitals, Pharmacies, and Payers
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide healthcare counsel with a review and update of the key legal and business issues involved with retail clinics in a “post-COVID” environment. The panel will offer guidance on the formation, operation, and regulation of retail clinics, including the increased use of digital health technology.
- Introduction to the retail clinic industry
- Key legal considerations
- Corporate practice of medicine
- Scope of practice
- Regulatory and licensing requirements
- Emerging trends and issues related to retail clinics and their business relationships
- Reimbursement issues
- The future of retail medicine in a digital world
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What key legal considerations should healthcare counsel consider when clients are contemplating developing or acquiring a retail clinic? What are the operating challenges?
- What are the limitations on ownership and operation of retail clinics under states with corporate practice of medicine restrictions?
- How do licensing and scope of practice regulations affect licensing and reimbursement for clinical services provided at a retail clinic?
- What are the legal and regulatory issues associated with the retail clinic facility and space? ;What factors should healthcare counsel take into account when leasing retail space for a clinic?
Paul A. Carr-Rollitt
With more than two decades of experience in healthcare law, Mr. Carr-Rollitt advises the full spectrum of for-profit... | Read More
With more than two decades of experience in healthcare law, Mr. Carr-Rollitt advises the full spectrum of for-profit and nonprofit healthcare entities on strategic transactions, as well as complex regulatory, organizational and operational matters. His clients include health systems and hospitals, investment banks, academic medical centers, e-health and biotechnology companies, managed care organizations, provider networks, accountable care organizations, ambulatory surgery centers and medical groups. Mr. Carr-Rollitt’s practice focuses on helping clients successfully navigate the legal and business intricacies of M&As, joint ventures, affiliations, reorganizations, public offerings and private equity transactions, as well as corporate governance, licensure, compliance and general corporate issues. He is a “go-to” resource for clients establishing integrated care organizations. Additionally, Mr. Carr-Rollitt counsels non-traditional healthcare providers, including retail clinics and freestanding emergency departments.Close
Dr. Sheryl Tatar Dacso
Dr. Dacso has represented healthcare organizations, hospitals and physicians for over 35 years. She concentrates her... | Read More
Dr. Dacso has represented healthcare organizations, hospitals and physicians for over 35 years. She concentrates her practice on healthcare compliance, regulations and transactions, including physician practice mergers, acquisitions and business ventures as well as digital health and telemedicine. Dr. Dacso is a thought leader and frequent speaker on many healthcare topics such as health information technology, including digital and e-health transactions, HIPAA and privacy, and telemedicine use and regulation as well as healthcare reform, ACOs, health information exchanges and the various rules and incentives associated with the use of electronic health records. Dr. Dacso was a pioneer in the early models of e-Health and information technology as she counseled entrepreneurs, healthcare providers and academic medical centers on the use and deployment of this technology.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H