Resale Price Maintenance: Minimizing Antitrust Risks
Structuring Pricing Agreements Amid Differing State, Federal and International Treatment of RPM
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will update counsel to businesses involved in assessing the validity of arrangements designed to influence resale prices on the differing treatment of RPM in state, federal and international jurisdictions. The panel will provide best practices for proceeding with such arrangements.
- Treatment of RPM agreements
- Federal treatment
- Triggers that raise antitrust concerns
- Best practices for RPM agreements going forward
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How are federal courts and state antitrust authorities currently enforcing the law concerning resale price maintenance and how is that law applied to arrangements designed to influence resale prices even if there is no explicit agreement on such prices?
- What do recent state actions signal for future state enforcement?
- How can businesses and their counsel best cope with the conflicting treatment of RPM under differing legal regimes?
Michael A. Lindsay
Dorsey & Whitney
Mr. Lindsay practices in the area of general civil litigation, with a strong emphasis on antitrust (litigation and... | Read More
Mr. Lindsay practices in the area of general civil litigation, with a strong emphasis on antitrust (litigation and counseling), trademark and unfair competition, commercial litigation. He regularly counsels clients on antitrust issues, particularly in matters involving distribution or pricing issues (including Robinson-Patman questions), and mergers and acquisitions.Close
William L. Monts, III
Whether they be class actions, government suits, or individual claims, Mr. Monts has handled virtually every kind of... | Read More
Whether they be class actions, government suits, or individual claims, Mr. Monts has handled virtually every kind of antitrust dispute — price fixing, market allocation, boycott, tying, price discrimination, and monopolization — for major international companies and domestic clients and associations in industries as diverse as automobiles, energy, healthcare, software, insurance, and the professions.Close