Reps and Warranties Insurance in M&A: Critical Tool to Mitigate Risk and Close Deals
Evaluating When Insurance is Appropriate, Negotiating Coverage and Exclusions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide deal counsel with an update on the latest trends in the use of M&A representations and warranties insurance coverage and situations in which it is appropriate to use the coverage to mitigate risk and complete transactions. The panel will discuss the benefits and traps associated with the insurance and key considerations when negotiating coverage and exclusions.
- Current trends in purchasing M&A reps and warranties insurance
- Benefits and pitfalls
- When is the insurance appropriate?
- Negotiating coverage and exclusions
- Process for obtaining insurance
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the potential benefits and pitfalls associated with M&A reps and warranties insurance?
- How can reps and warranties insurance be used to mitigate deal risk and complete transactions?
- What current trends should deal counsel be aware of with respect to M&A reps and warranties insurance?
- What are some of the key issues to consider when negotiating reps and warranties insurance coverage and exclusions?
Senior Managing Director
Crystal & Company
Mr. Gilbert has over 10 years of Private Equity Mergers & Acquisitions insurance experience and leads his... | Read More
Mr. Gilbert has over 10 years of Private Equity Mergers & Acquisitions insurance experience and leads his firm's Private Equity/Mergers & Acquisition group. In addition to due diligence expertise, he has led insurance procurement initiatives for private equity firms nationwide, with a focus on reducing expense and increasing liquidity. He has worked with insurance markets to develop one-off risk transfer solutions to solve deal related issues, including insuring against breaches of representations & warranties and other contingent liabilities.Close
Mr. Kim focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and leveraged finance matters. He... | Read More
Mr. Kim focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and leveraged finance matters. He represents strategic buyers and sellers and financial sponsors in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. Mr. Kim also represents borrowers, equity sponsors, and lenders in domestic and international leveraged finance transactions in the United States and Asia, and advises on securities offerings of equity and debt.Close