Representations and Warranties in Commercial Real Estate Sales Contracts: Buyer and Seller Perspectives
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide real estate counsel for a buyer or seller in negotiating representations, warranties, and remedies in commercial real estate purchase agreements.
- Current market trends in commercial real estate transactions
- Purpose of representations and warranties: allocation of risk
- Standard representations and warranties
- Property-specific reps and warranties
- Deal specific: addressing environmental, title, tenant issues
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How have current market conditions impacted the terms of real estate purchase agreements, particularly seller representations, warranties, and remedies?
- How can the buyer and seller minimize risk when negotiating and drafting representations and warranties provisions?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues during negotiations, and what are some practical approaches for resolving them?
Norman R. Newman
Taft Stettinius & Hollister
Mr. Newman has represented both local and national developers for all types of real estate development projects,... | Read More
Mr. Newman has represented both local and national developers for all types of real estate development projects, including shopping centers, industrial parks, office buildings, apartment projects and residential subdivisions, and in all phases of such projects, including land acquisition, zoning, leasing, environmental compliance, financing and construction. His experience is in the negotiation and documentation of complex projects. Mr. Newman is the author of numerous articles on commercial real estate-related topics and has lectured on these topics for the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, the International Council of Shopping Centers and other organizations.Close
Charles H. (Chuck) Royce
Mr. Royce represents clients in the areas of commercial real estate transactions and leasing. His practice includes... | Read More
Mr. Royce represents clients in the areas of commercial real estate transactions and leasing. His practice includes representing property owners, investors, developers, lenders, and borrowers in the acquisition and disposition of commercial and public properties, drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, and preparing covenants, easements, and financing documents. Mr. Royce also has experience in all aspects of commercial leasing, including office, retail, and industrial leasing and related documentation.Close