Renewable Energy Projects: Siting and Permitting Legal Challenges
Selecting the Site, Choosing the Permitting Authority, and Managing Environmental Constraints
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for counsel to companies participating in renewable energy projects to understand and navigate the challenges involved in siting and permitting renewable energy facilities.
- Site selection
- Transmission lines (and other infrastructure)
- Availability of renewable resource
- Regulatory roadblocks
- Addressing public opposition (NIMBY)
- Meeting state renewable portfolio standards
- Environmental constraints
- Siting and permitting body
- Federal authority
- State authority
- Local authority
- Debate over authority
- Environmental issues that impact permits for renewable energy facilities
- Strategies for siting and permitting
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What factors must a company and their counsel consider when selecting a site for a renewable energy facility?
- What are the key infrastructure concerns to resolve before a renewable energy facility can proceed?
- What environmental issues will impact obtaining a permit for a renewable energy facility?
- What approaches can counsel to developers and property owners use for siting and permitting a renewable energy facility?
James H. Barkley
Mr. Barkley has been involved in most phases of wholesale and retail deregulation of the Texas electric market. He... | Read More
Mr. Barkley has been involved in most phases of wholesale and retail deregulation of the Texas electric market. He represents clients facing siting and permitting challenges for their facilities, including electric transmission service providers. He represented large wind developers before the Texas Public Utility Commission that will determine where and how Texas will encourage wind generation development.Close
William K. Kroger
Mr. Kroger concentrates in litigation involving energy and alternative energy, commercial disputes, personal injury and... | Read More
Mr. Kroger concentrates in litigation involving energy and alternative energy, commercial disputes, personal injury and products liability. He has represented wind generators against claims by environmental group for injunctive relief to shut down construction of wind farm and on numerous disputed controversies before the state public utilities commission.Close