Renewable Energy Projects: New Treasury Guidance for Grants in Lieu of Tax Credits
Leveraging the New Option for Financing Renewable Energy Projects
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE/CPE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will review the key energy provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the guidance issued by the Treasury Department, and implications for businesses and counsel involved in renewable energy projects.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
- Key energy tax provisions
- ARRA Section 1603 Treasury grant program
- Guidance for cash grant in lieu of tax credits
- Application procedures
- Applicant eligibility
- Qualified renewable energy facility
- Beginning of construction and placed in service
- Required documentation
- Implications for financing projects
- Grants v. tax credits
- Recapture rules
- At-risk rules
- Strategies for financing renewable energy projects
- Go it alone
- Flip partnership
- Inverted lease
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What is the Treasury Department's approach for the ITC Direct Payment program?
- How are key stakeholders, such as investors and developers, impacted by the new guidance?
- How will financing structures for renewable energy projects change in light of the new guidance?
He has broad experience in capital market, bank, lease and private placement financings involving renewables, power... | Read More
He has broad experience in capital market, bank, lease and private placement financings involving renewables, power plants, petrochemical and LNG facilities, refineries, and oil and gas projects. He advises clients on risk allocation and structuring arrangements consistent with their business objectives. He heads the firm's Global Projects Alternative Energy Practice.Close
Andrew W. Ratts
Winston & Strawn
Mr. Ratts advises clients on tax issues relating to business formations, acquisitions, divestitures, debt... | Read More
Mr. Ratts advises clients on tax issues relating to business formations, acquisitions, divestitures, debt reorganizations, executive compensation, investments, financings, operating joint ventures, leasing, public and private debt/equity offerings, and derivatives. He is involved with energy credit syndications and project finance.Close
Neil D. Kimmelfield
His practice emphasizes structuring corporate, partnership and real estate transactions, including structured tax... | Read More
His practice emphasizes structuring corporate, partnership and real estate transactions, including structured tax financing of energy and community development projects using state and federal tax credits, counseling large and small businesses and exempt organizations in tax matters, litigating tax cases in federal courts, and handling administrative controversies before the IRS.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
Strafford will process CLE credit for one person on each recording. CPE credit is not available on recordings. All formats include program handouts.
CLE On-Demand Audio