Renewable Energy Projects and Land Rights Issues: Leases, Easements, Competing Land Use Activities
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide renewable energy counsel guidance on the legal agreements that are used to establish site control for renewable energy projects and managing the challenges of competing land rights for renewable energy projects. The panel will discuss the siting and development of renewable facilities on land subject to minerals, timber, farming, and other activities and provide critical insight and techniques to avoid conflicting interests and minimize potential liability.
- Siting renewable energy projects and documenting site control
- Identifying and navigating title issues and competing land use rights
- Resolving title and competing land use issues
- Other property and land issues and best practices for counsel
The panel will review these and other important issues:
- What are the key considerations for the siting and development of renewable projects on land subject to other uses, and what types of sites are most suitable?
- What are the key considerations in negotiating and drafting agreements securing land rights?
- What are the challenges and risks associated with competing land use rights and methods to overcome them?
- What title roadblocks may arise and what are the best techniques to avoid them?
- What other issues arise regarding competing from land rights and what are best practices for counsel?
Cox Castle & Nicholson
Ms. Beglinger is a real estate and land use attorney representing clients in all aspects of land development and real... | Read More
Ms. Beglinger is a real estate and land use attorney representing clients in all aspects of land development and real estate transactions including negotiating and preparing purchase and sale agreements, leases, easement agreements, development agreements/disposition and development agreements with both private and public entities, site development and construction agreements, cost sharing agreements, shopping center governance documents, entitlements, and construction agreements for a wide range of industries including big box, mixed use, commercial, medical and renewable energy. She also advises clients on construction, operational and property management related issues. One focus of Ms. Beglinger's practice is site assembly, title and survey review, infrastructure development (sewer, water, etc.) and subdivision map act issues.Close
Daniel M. Engler
Cox Castle & Nicholson
Mr. Engler is a real estate transactional attorney who represents clients in the buying, selling, leasing, and... | Read More
Mr. Engler is a real estate transactional attorney who represents clients in the buying, selling, leasing, and development of real estate across a range of industries including residential, commercial, mixed-use, health care, and renewable energy. He is known for providing smart, business-oriented advice and helps clients solve problems and close transactions quickly and efficiently.Close