Renewable Energy Projects: Alternative Financing
Legal Strategies for Evaluating Financing Options and Structuring the Deal
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for counsel to companies and investors on understanding current financing trends, evaluating alternative financing structures, and utilizing them to finance renewable energy projects.
- Finance-ability of the renewable energy project — critical issues
- Regulatory scheme
- Permitting and land use
- Potential litigation
- Alternative financial structures
- Debt marketing
- Tax equity financing
- Leveraged partnership flip structure
- Tax exempt financing
- Corporate financing 144 bond offerings
- Best practices for financing renewable energy using alternative structures
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key issues in evaluating the alternative financing options available for a renewable energy project?
- What alternative financial structures are available? What are the advantages and disadvantages of these structures?
- What are the likely sources of capital for renewable energy project developers?
John T. W. Mercer
He concentrates his practice in the areas of project and corporate finance and other complex transactions, with... | Read More
He concentrates his practice in the areas of project and corporate finance and other complex transactions, with particular emphasis on the electric power industry. He has extensive experience and expertise in clean energy technology projects, corporate finance and securities compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and independent power projects.Close
Nicholas H. Politan, Jr.
Gibson Dunn & Crutcher
He co-chairs the firm's Energy and Infrastructure Practice Group and focuses his practice on energy-related... | Read More
He co-chairs the firm's Energy and Infrastructure Practice Group and focuses his practice on energy-related transactions, including financings of all types and project development. He has particular experience in wind power and other renewable technologies. He is experienced in asset-based and structured financings, including receivables securitizations and equipment leasing.Close
Ben F. Jacoby
CP Energy Group
He has over 20 years of experience in the development, financing and asset management of independent power generation... | Read More
He has over 20 years of experience in the development, financing and asset management of independent power generation facilities. Prior to co-founding CP Energy, he served as a Vice President of Enron North America and was responsible for certain gas-fired power project development and wholesale origination activities.Close