Renewable Energy Project Financing: Legal Strategies for Structuring the Deal
Navigating Financial Incentives, Sources of Capital, Debt and Equity Structures
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide resources for sponsors and financing parties of renewable energy projects regarding the available incentives, financing sources, and structures associated with financing renewable energy projects. The panel will offer their insights and perspectives on financing renewable energy projects.
- Financeability of the renewable energy project: critical issues
- Regulatory scheme
- Permitting and land use
- Potential litigation
- Financial incentives
- Revenue streams
- Subsidies: direct and indirect
- Department of Energy/USDA loan guarantees
- Sources of capital
- Sources of debt for development
- Sources of equity
- Debt and equity structures
- Debt financing structures: project-level or back-leverage
- Equity financing: sponsor equity and tax equity players
- Impact of tax reform
- Best practices for financing renewable energy
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- What are the critical issues in evaluating the financing options available for a renewable energy project?
- What are the key issues to address to help projects be financeable?
- What financial incentives are available to investors in renewable energy projects?
- What are the current prime sources of capital for renewable energy project developers?
- Should parties be concerned about possible risks related to federal tax and regulatory uncertainty?
Foley & Lardner
Mr. Lowder is a partner and member of the firm’s Finance Practice. Although his practice extends to all aspects... | Read More
Mr. Lowder is a partner and member of the firm’s Finance Practice. Although his practice extends to all aspects of business law, he currently focuses his practice on energy, project finance, project development, and related tax and public financing. He is also a member of the firm's Energy Industry Team. He has experience with numerous project technologies including commercial, utility-scale, and residential-scale solar photovoltaic systems; onshore and offshore wind development; biomass and biofuel projects; and other energy and alternative energy technologies.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 05/10/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 05/10/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H