Renegotiating Office Leases in a Work-From-Home World: Contract, Common Law, Context Issues, Standstill Agreements
Avoiding Insolvency Claims by Tenants Through Abatements, Deferrals, Subleases, Assignments
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide practical guidance to leasing attorneys that are facing requests to renegotiate a commercial lease due to the current economic downturn. Counsel for landlords and tenants will be provided solutions that range from contractual-based solutions creating abatements or deferrals, common law solutions that focus on doctrines that offer (or limit) early termination, and contextual solutions that look at the landlord's and tenant's financial situations--both currently and prospectively--and attempts to creatively meet all stakeholders' needs.
- Overview of current economic status and state of commercial leased real estate
- Contract law solutions
- Common law solutions
- Doctrine of impossibility
- Doctrine of impracticality of purpose
- Doctrine of frustration of purpose
- Contextual solutions
- Standstill agreements
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- When should a landlord consider a contractual solution for a defaulting tenant? Which contract solutions work best in each economic situation?
- How does common law impact a tenant's ability to terminate early, and what grounds can landlords use to dispute such terminations?
- What is the global context--empty space in a complex, access to temporary funding, signs of an economic upswing, etc.-- for developing a tailored solution?
- When should standstill agreements be utilized, and what are the risks?
David J. Leffler
Mr. Leffler focuses his practice on corporate and business services. He works with companies in a variety of... | Read More
Mr. Leffler focuses his practice on corporate and business services. He works with companies in a variety of industries, with a large segment focused on web based businesses. He guides businesses through a wide array of life cycle changes, including entity selection and drafting shareholders’ agreements. He also served on advisory boards.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 11/13/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 11/13/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H