Reg A+ Securities Offerings and FAST Act: Navigating New Rules and Leveraging Capital Raising Opportunities
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
The CLE course will analyze key legal issues in Reg A+ offerings and discuss practical considerations in advising companies that plan to pursue a Regulation A+ IPO. The program will also discuss the recently enacted FAST Act for smaller and emerging growth companies.
- Reg A+ offerings
- Current Regulation A+ IPO landscape
- Summary of basic legal framework
- Key considerations in structuring Regulation A+ offerings
- Secondary trading markets: OTC vs. NASDAQ/NYSE listing
- Mechanics and process for Regulation A+ offerings
- Disclosure requirements under Form 1-A and SEC review process
- Perspective from underwriters and broker-dealers: Due diligence considerations
- Benefits and costs: Comparison with conventional IPOs and Regulation D private placements
- What companies should do to prepare for a Regulation A+ offering.
- FAST Act
- Additional accommodations in IPO on-ramp provisions under JOBS Act
- New resale exemption: Section 4(a)(7)
- Potential impact of Section 4(a)(7) and practice pointers
- Forward incorporation permitted in Form S-1 registration statements filed by
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the benefits and costs of Regulation A+ offerings?
- What structural and legal considerations must be considered in conducting a Regulation A offering?
- What new opportunities does the FAST Act provide for EGCs?
Morgan Lewis & Bockius
Mr. Lung focuses his practices on U.S. securities laws, capital market transactions and SEC regulations. He has... | Read More
Mr. Lung focuses his practices on U.S. securities laws, capital market transactions and SEC regulations. He has extensive experiences in guiding companies, investment banks and major stakeholders through initial public offerings (IPOs), follow-on and secondary offerings, private investment in public equity (PIPEs), Rule 144A offerings, and convertible debt financing. He also advises publicly listed companies in emerging technology, biotechnology, software, and life sciences fields with respect to SEC regulations and disclosure requirements, NYSE and NASDAQ listing requirements, corporate governance, investors communications and a variety of other general corporate matters. Mr. Lung is a leading practitioner in Regulation A+ offerings, and he has represented companies and underwriters in a number of Regulation A+ IPOs since the new rules became effective in June 2015.Close
Robert R. Kaplan, Jr.
Kaplan Voekler Cunningham & Frank
Mr. Kaplan's practice is concentrated in the areas of securities, business representation and real estate... | Read More
Mr. Kaplan's practice is concentrated in the areas of securities, business representation and real estate investment. He spearheads his firm's practice area on the JOBS Act and Regulation A. He frequently presents on the JOBS Act. He has worked since inception with the congress on Title IV and the SEC on rules for implementation, including testifying before the US Senate's banking committee on Regulation A's impact on the lower middle market and the alternatives industry.Close
Brenda Hamilton, Esq.
Hamilton & Associates Law Group
Ms. Hamilton has counseled clients in legal and forensic matters involving domestic and international securities and... | Read More
Ms. Hamilton has counseled clients in legal and forensic matters involving domestic and international securities and financial transactions. Her services include forensic investigations of investment schemes, trading and short sale transactions, securities offerings, corporate identity theft and international money laundering activity. She has analyzed matters involving hundreds of publicly traded companies. She is frequently interviewed by international, national and local media about securities law and white collar crimes.Close