Real Estate Private Equity GP Investment Funds: Structuring Key Deal Terms
Capital Contributions, Distributions, Sharing of Promote and Fee Income, and More
A live 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE course will discuss the rise of real estate general partner (GP) private equity funds and critical legal issues implicated by them. The program will analyze key deal terms of GP funds and provide insights and perspectives into opportunities and risks for both sponsors and investors.
- Market trends and the rise of the use of GP funds
- Pros and cons of using GP funds to provide some or all of the sponsor equity contributions for real estate investment vehicles
- Key deal terms
- Sponsor vs. outside investor perspectives
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are current developments impacting the use of real estate GP private equity funds, and how have the terms of those arrangements evolved?
- What are typical deal structures for real estate GP private equity fund investments?
- What issues most often derail real estate GP private equity funds and how can counsel for sponsors and outside investors overcome these negotiating hurdles?
Stephanie A. Colen
Willkie Farr & Gallagher
Ms. Colen practices in the firm’s Asset Management Group. She assists sponsors and investors of private... | Read More
Ms. Colen practices in the firm’s Asset Management Group. She assists sponsors and investors of private investment funds and managed accounts with formation, offering, investment, and regulatory matters, with a particular focus on the representation of bank-affiliated sponsors and distributors of private equity, credit, infrastructure, real assets, and secondaries funds. Ms. Colen also works with sponsors in connection with management company restructurings, GP-stake sale transactions, establishment of asset management platforms, joint ventures, and GP-led secondary transactions.Close
Willkie Farr & Gallagher
Mr. Proctor is a partner in the Asset Management Group. He advises private fund managers on structuring, establishing,... | Read More
Mr. Proctor is a partner in the Asset Management Group. He advises private fund managers on structuring, establishing, and operating private investment funds, including blind pools, co-investment funds, pledge funds, single investment funds, and other investment vehicles. Mr. Proctor also represents fund managers on their internal structuring and compensation matters and frequently advises clients in connection with co-investments and seed investments in asset managers, as well as buyers and sellers in secondary market transactions involving private fund interests and portfolios of assets held by private funds. His practice extends beyond fund managers to include institutional investors and family offices in connection with their investments in various private equity vehicles.Close