Real Estate Partnership Returns: Reviewing Form 1065, Schedule K-1, and Attachments to Avoid Common Errors
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will walk tax practitioners through the process of reviewing Form 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income Tax Return, and its related schedules. Our partnership experts will cover changes to the 2020 form and schedules, common M-1 adjustments, properly reporting liabilities, key elections, and new considerations for partnership tax returns based on recent guidelines and relief.
- Reviewing Form 1065
- Schedule B
- Pages 1-5
- Common M-1 adjustments
- Schedule M-3
- 2020 changes
- Form 8825
- Common footnotes, elections, and other disclosures
- K-1 items
- Income allocations
- Interpreting the partnership agreement
- Maintaining capital accounts
- Current considerations
- COVID-19 updates
- Cares Act
- Consolidated Appropriations Act
- Best practices
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What changes have been made to Form 1065 and Schedule K-1 for 2020?
- What critical elections should be considered when filing partnership returns?
- What key tax provisions should be considered when reviewing a partnership agreement?
- What steps can practitioners take to self-review prepared partnership returns?
- What opportunities for additional services could be found while reviewing Form 1065?
Ashley Kettler, CPA
Tax Senior Manager – Real Estate
Ms. Kettler has ten years of experience working in Real Estate. She also has experience in REIT due diligence and REIT... | Read More
Ms. Kettler has ten years of experience working in Real Estate. She also has experience in REIT due diligence and REIT testing and compliance, including review of quarterly asset and income tests, lease review, distribution test, closelyheld tests, research of potential REIT issues.Close
Sara A. Palovick, CPA
Tax Senior Manager
Ms. Palovick specializates in real estate, and focuses most of her time in the areas of partnership and individual... | Read More
Ms. Palovick specializates in real estate, and focuses most of her time in the areas of partnership and individual taxation. She assists in all areas of compliance as well as tax planning and succession planning.Close
Early Discount (through 04/30/21)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.