Real Estate Investment Fund Private Placements: Structuring Securities Offerings After the JOBS Act
Leveraging New Solicitation and Advertising Avenues and Navigating Stricter Rule 506 Safe Harbor Provisions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide real estate finance counsel and advisors with a review of the impact of the SEC changes to Regulation D and Rule 506 on real estate investment funds, discuss new opportunities for advertisement for private placements of real estate investments, and address "bad actor" provisions and the proposed changes to private placement provisions to increase investor protection.
- Advertised private placements
- New opportunities
- How the issuer verifies that all investors are accredited
- "Bad actor" provisions
- Events that will disqualify an issuer from using Rule 506
- Effect of previous disqualifying events
- The waiver process
- Broker-dealer implications
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the new opportunities for advertised private placements for real estate investment funds?
- How does the issuer verify that all investors are accredited, as required by the new provisions?
- What events will disqualify an issuer from using Rule 506?
- What is the effect of previous disqualifying events?
- What is the waiver process?
Director, Master of Real Estate Development
W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University
As an active member of the Phoenix development community, Professor Stapp is currently on the board of the Local... | Read More
As an active member of the Phoenix development community, Professor Stapp is currently on the board of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation Phoenix (LISC) and has been part of various business enterprises and development projects for over past 30 years. He is also the managing partner of Pyramid Community Developers, LLC, a development management firm and provider of asset management and design consultation services. Additionally, he is U.S. operations president for Naef International Management, a Swiss investment company.Close
David I. Thompson
Mr. Thompson's practice encompasses corporate, transactional, and business matters, with particular emphasis on... | Read More
Mr. Thompson's practice encompasses corporate, transactional, and business matters, with particular emphasis on providing counsel to management of small to mid-size companies. He regularly represents buyers and sellers of closely-held businesses in the negotiation, documentation, and closing of purchase and sale transactions. He also has substantial experience in corporate finance, assisting clients with securities offerings and secured lending.Close