RCRA Liability for Property Owners, Operators and Managers
Minimizing Risks Under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and Ensuring Indemnification
Federal courts split over liability under RCRA
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss how the federal courts are addressing RCRA hazardous waste liability for property owners, operators and managers and outline steps each can take to minimize liability exposure.
- RCRA liability
- Financial responsibility requirements
- Citizen suits in authorized states
- Enforcement and implementation
- Court treatment
- Liability of former owners and operators
- Imminent and substantial endangerment
- Best practices to minimize RCRA liability
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What constitutes an ongoing violation for purposes of an RCRA citizen suit?
- What strategies should property owners, operators and managers employ when considering what responsibilities they are willing to assume?
- What steps can companies and counsel take to ensure indemnification for RCRA responsibility?
Steven G. Jones
Marten Law Group
He has particular expertise in litigation arising under the Comprehensive, Environmental, Response, Compensation and... | Read More
He has particular expertise in litigation arising under the Comprehensive, Environmental, Response, Compensation and Liability Act, the Clean Water Act, the Federal Torts Claim Act, and solid waste and nuisance issues. His litigation experience also includes land use issues under State Environmental Permitting Act and National Environmental Permitting Act.Close
Robert W. Lawrence
Davis Graham & Stubbs
He has practiced environmental law for over twenty five years, and has extensive experience in environmental litigation... | Read More
He has practiced environmental law for over twenty five years, and has extensive experience in environmental litigation and administrative proceedings, permitting, compliance and enforcement matters, and successful resolution of environmental issues in a wide range of transactions. He served as counsel in the La Plata case.Close