QDRO Drafting Boot Camp: Preparing QDROs for 401(k)s and Similar Defined Contribution Plans
Strategies for Family Law Practitioners to Help Ensure Administrator Approval and Avoid Unintended Loss of Retirement Benefits
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will offer family law attorneys a “boot camp” on drafting qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs) for 401(k)s and similar defined contribution plans. The panel will prepare family law attorneys to draft effective QDROs that will protect their client’s interests and be accepted by plan administrators. The panel will also discuss common QDRO errors and how to avoid them.
- Overview of QDRO and ERISA requirements
- Essential and recommended provisions for QDROs
- Common QDRO drafting mistakes and how to avoid them
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What QDRO provisions are affected by state law?
- What plan discovery information should be requested and reviewed prior to drafting a QDRO?
- Should you trust a plan’s QDRO sample language?
William J. Cantrell, Esq.
Mr. Cantrell's practice focuses on employee benefits, including advising, preparing, and litigating QDROs on behalf... | Read More
Mr. Cantrell's practice focuses on employee benefits, including advising, preparing, and litigating QDROs on behalf of employers, as well as family law attorneys and their clients. Mr. Cantrell regularly speaks and writes about QDROs and other employee benefits related topics.Close