Purchasing Commercial Real Estate Loans: Due Diligence, Consent Rights, Documentation, Title, Post-Closing
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the process, documentation and pitfalls in purchasing/selling commercial real estate loans of various types, including construction and permanent loans, mezzanine and B-Note interests. The panel review notice and consent, servicing and title issues, and complications with syndicated or securitized loans.
- Key provisions in an asset transfer agreement
- Due diligence
- Loan level: status of loan, other lenders
- Property level: real estate and other collateral
- Transfer considerations: consent rights, “qualified transferee” restrictions
- Title insurance/UCC insurance
- Loan servicing and location of documents
- Property insurance, transfer of accounts
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How might the characteristics of a CRE loan affect a loan purchaser’s due diligence checklist?
- What are the threshold transfer issues that must be considered before proceeding?
- What additional servicing and consent issues arise with securitized or syndicated loans?
- How can the purchaser ensure that accounts and insurance policies are transferred at closing?
Kleinberg Kaplan Wolff & Cohen
Mr. Ung primarily represents real estate investors, owners and lenders in partnership, LLC and joint venture... | Read More
Mr. Ung primarily represents real estate investors, owners and lenders in partnership, LLC and joint venture transactions (including real estate fund formation), bond, mortgage and mezzanine financing transactions, and transactions involving the acquisition, disposition, development, management, and leasing of office, retail, commercial, mixed-use and hotel properties. He also advises hedge funds and private equity funds on the purchase and sale of real estate mortgage and mezzanine debt, and the negotiating and structuring of complex workout arrangements in connection with the ownership or foreclosure of real property assets.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 02/23/18)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 02/23/18)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $9.45 S&H