Protecting IP Rights After Limelight Networks v. Akamai: Implications for Divided Patent Infringement and Inducement
Prosecuting and Litigating Patent Claims Following the New Supreme Court Decision
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to patent counsel on the impact of the new Limelight Networks Inc. v. Akamai Techs. Inc. decision on patent litigation and prosecution. The panel will discuss the divided infringement loophole and outline steps to protect IP rights.
- Limelight Networks Inc. v. Akamai Techs. Inc.
- Divided infringement loophole
- Impact on patent litigation
- Implication for patent prosecution
- Best practices for protecting IP rights
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the implications of the Limelight Networks Inc. v. Akamai Techs. Inc. decision for infringement claims?
- What best practices in patent claim drafting can counsel employ to minimize the risk of infringement?
- What is the impact of the decision for method claims?
Ropes & Gray
Ms. De is an experienced patent litigator with numerous victories in claim construction, at summary judgment, at trial,... | Read More
Ms. De is an experienced patent litigator with numerous victories in claim construction, at summary judgment, at trial, and on appeal before the Federal Circuit. Her work spans a wide range of technology sectors, with a focus on Hatch-Waxman litigation and medical devices. Ms. De has handled numerous multi-party litigations, has argued before the Multi-District Litigation Panel, and has defended witnesses overseas under the Hague Convention.Close
Gene W. Lee
Ropes & Gray
Mr. Lee is an experienced lead counsel in patent litigation involving a wide range of technologies, including computer... | Read More
Mr. Lee is an experienced lead counsel in patent litigation involving a wide range of technologies, including computer systems and software, telecommunications, medical devices, financial services, chemistry, semiconductors, and geoscience. In addition to patent litigation, he regularly represents clients in patent licensing, post-grant proceedings in the USPTO, and trade secret and copyright matters.Close