Protecting and Enforcing Intellectual Property Rights in Government Contracts
Preserving IP Rights in a Complex Regulatory Environment
An extensive 2-hour briefing
Recording of a 120-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance on preserving and protecting intellectual property rights in the context of federal agency contracts. The panel will review best practices for counsel from negotiating the contract and managing the relationship to handling disputes.
- Acquisition of IP rights in government contracts
- Strategies for preservation of IP rights
- Copyrights and trade secrets — software
- Copyrights and trade secrets — non-software
- Subcontractor unique rights
- Preservation techniques
- Government misuse of IP
- Remedies against government for specific types of IP
- Administrative claims
- Best practices
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the most critical issues to consider in negotiating government contracts that involve IP rights?
- What are the key strategies to protect patents, copyrights, and trademarks in government contract work?
- What remedies are available to private companies operating under a government contract if the government misuses their IP?
David S. Bloch
Winston & Strawn
Mr. Bloch focuses on intellectual property litigation. His experience also includes intellectual property matters that... | Read More
Mr. Bloch focuses on intellectual property litigation. His experience also includes intellectual property matters that involve aspects of antitrust law and government contracts. He handles litigation matters including commercial disputes involving patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets.Close
James G. McEwen
He has prepared and been involved in patent validity and infringement opinions, reissue and reexamination proceedings,... | Read More
He has prepared and been involved in patent validity and infringement opinions, reissue and reexamination proceedings, licensing and settlement negotiations, and licensing with the federal government. He also handles trademark prosecution, domain name disputes, and trade secret protection matters, and provides litigation support in patent infringement claims.Close
Richard M. Gray
Associate General Counsel in the Office of the Deputy General Counsel for Acquisition & Logistics
U.S. Department of Defense Office of the General Counsel
He advises senior Department of Defense officials on cyber and information law, intellectual property, information and... | Read More
He advises senior Department of Defense officials on cyber and information law, intellectual property, information and technology acquisitions, and technology transfer. He chairs the defense acquisition regulations council's patents, data, and copyright committee, and serves as a subject matter specialist for the federal acquisition regulation law team.Close