Property and Liability Insurance in Commercial Leases: Key Provisions and Coverage Issues
Additional Insured and Loss Payee Clauses; Interplay With Indemnity Provisions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will address casualty and liability insurance issues applicable to real estate leasing from the perspective of both landlord and tenant. The program will discuss the necessary coverage and recommend contract provisions to require insurance coverage and receive the maximum benefit of the coverage. The program will also address key coverage issues such as exclusions, proof of coverage, additional insured and loss payee parties, and primary/excess coverage.
- Intro—nuts and bolts—common terms
- Interrelation between property and liability coverage
- Casualty insurance
- Commercial general liability insurance
- Certificates of insurance
- Matching indemnity and casualty restoration obligations with insurance
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the relevant considerations for parties assessing appropriate protection under a casualty policy?
- What are best practices for drafting risk allocation and insurance provisions?
- How can counsel ensure that contractually required AI coverage is satisfied by the named insured’s policy?
Susan Drake-Patelson, CPCU, RPLU, ASLI
Area Executive Vice President
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Brad A. Molotsky
Mr. Molotsky’s primary practice is focused in the areas of commercial leasing, acquisitions and divestitures,... | Read More
Mr. Molotsky’s primary practice is focused in the areas of commercial leasing, acquisitions and divestitures, property management, financing, public private partnerships, and real estate joint ventures (including mixed-use development). He also has deep experience in board governance and managing public company issues such as enterprise risk, internal audit, compensation, proxy statement preparation and review.Close