Prometheus in the Post-Bilski Age: Patentable Subject Matter Under Continued Attack
Procuring, Asserting or Defending Against Patentability Amid Increasingly Strict Statutory Subject Matter Standards
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare patent counsel to argue patentability under 35 U.S.C. Section 101, discuss the impact of recent Federal Circuit and ITC decisions—including the Supreme Court's Prometheus ruling, and offer best practices for patent seekers to meet subject matter eligibility requirements.
- Fallout since Bilski
- PTO approach and guidance
- Court and ITC treatment post Bilski and lessons learned
- Impact of Mayo v. Prometheus on application of Bilski
- Best practices for applicants and practitioners
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What criteria are required to establish subject matter eligibility for patents?
- How have the decisions since Bilski impacted patent eligibility? What lessons can be learned from the decisions for future patentability challenges?
- What strategies should patent applicants employ to improve the likelihood of a successful patent application?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Stephen T. Schreiner
Mr. Schreiner focuses on all aspects of intellectual property law including patent litigation, patent prosecution,... | Read More
Mr. Schreiner focuses on all aspects of intellectual property law including patent litigation, patent prosecution, counseling and due diligence related to electronics, signal processing, software, e-commerce, business methods, digital television, telecommunications, interactive media, the Internet and other areas. He is a member of the firm's Litigation Department and its Patent Litigation Practice.Close
Dean A. Morehous
Winston & Strawn
He has substantial litigation experience in intellectual property, technology matters, insurance coverage, and general... | Read More
He has substantial litigation experience in intellectual property, technology matters, insurance coverage, and general litigation. He handles complex corporate and trust litigation. He has represented major clients in patent, trade secret, copyright, trademark, unfair competition, licensing and entertainment disputes. He also advises clients in a variety of licensing and technology audit matters.Close