Product Liability Claims Against Overseas Manufacturers and Suppliers Lacking Presence or Assets in the U.S.
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss product liability issues arising from today's global economy where finished products used in the United States--or their components--have often been manufactured overseas. Injured plaintiffs, whether individuals or businesses, should not abandon the hope of compensation, and overseas firms should not be held hostage to antiquated notions of universal jurisdiction.
- Identifying defendants
- Service of process issues
- Authority to accept service in the United States
- Bureau of International Judicial Assistance
- Hague Convention on Service Abroad of Judicial and Extrajudicial Documents in Civil or Commercial Matters
- Indemnity issues/tender
- Role of the FDA in permitting products in
- Sovereign immunity claims for state-owned businesses
- Specific counties
- Southeast Asia
The panel will review these and other relevant matters:
- How to assess viability and collectability of a claim against an overseas company
- Jurisdictional issues
- Contractual indemnity remedies
- Ford Motor Co. v. Bandemer and Oberdorf v. Amazon.com Inc.
- When to consider international law issues from the country of manufacturer
- Key jurisdictions such as Mexico and China
Mr. Harris is internationally regarded as a leading authority on legal matters related to doing business in China and... | Read More
Mr. Harris is internationally regarded as a leading authority on legal matters related to doing business in China and in other emerging economies in Asia. His China law services include company formation, bilingual contracts and intellectual property protection. Mr. Harris writes and speaks extensively on Chinese law with a focus on protecting foreign businesses in their China operations.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 10/09/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 10/09/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H