Private Equity Carried Interest Clawbacks: Fund Agreement Mechanisms and Tax Considerations
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss clawbacks of carried interest paid to private equity fund managers, focusing on the various clawback mechanisms, structuring fund economic provisions and clawback provisions, and the tax ramifications of clawbacks of carried interest.
- Fund waterfall options and carried interest economics
- Options for preserving the economic deal
- Tax implications of carried interest clawbacks
- Detailed analysis of clawback features
- GP-level implications of carried interest clawback
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How do variations in distribution waterfalls impact the timing of carried interest distributions to the sponsor? What are the related tax implications?
- What are the available mechanisms for preserving the partners' economic deal?
- What are the critical tax and non-tax features of carried interest clawbacks?
- What are the income tax ramifications of carried interest clawbacks?
- What are the GP-level considerations arising from carried interest clawbacks?
David H. Stults
Kirkland & Ellis
Mr. Stults concentrates his practice on representing domestic and international private fund sponsors in connection... | Read More
Mr. Stults concentrates his practice on representing domestic and international private fund sponsors in connection with structuring, negotiating, forming and operating private investment funds, including buyout funds, growth equity funds, debt funds, real estate funds and other private investment vehicles, including single asset funds and special purpose vehicles. He also focuses on representing private equity sponsors in connection with the organization, structuring, and operation of their management companies.Close
Kirkland & Ellis
Mr. Virmani's practice focuses on the tax aspects of forming and investing in private equity funds, hedge funds and... | Read More
Mr. Virmani's practice focuses on the tax aspects of forming and investing in private equity funds, hedge funds and joint ventures and the tax aspects of private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions. He has extensive experience advising clients with respect to partnership, corporate and cross-border tax issues.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $250
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$444 + $19.45 S&H