Prenuptial Agreements for First, Subsequent and Later-In-Life Marriages
Negotiating and Crafting Agreements to Protect and Provide for Distribution of Assets
Recording of a 110-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare family law attorneys to represent the interests of parties entering first, subsequent or later-in-life marriages, when negotiating and drafting premarital agreements.
- Prenuptial agreements for first marriage
- Determining which assets remain separate and which will be marital
- Alimony terms and waivers
- Sunset provisions
- Protecting inheritances, trusts and family/closely-held business interests
- Allocating premarital debts including credit cards and student loans
- Arbitration clauses
- Prenuptial agreements for subsequent marriages
- Consideration of obligations to former spouse and minor or emancipated children
- Protecting assets for the benefit of children from prior relationship
- Determining title and contributions to marital residence/assets
- Estate planning and life insurance
- Valuation methods in event of divorce
- Full and fair financial disclosure
- Prenuptial agreements for later-in-life marriage
- Maintaining separate estates with planned contributions toward living expenses
- Consideration of client’s estate planning determinations
- Creating life estate in marital residence
- Beneficiary designations of existing assets
- Long-term care, insurances, longevity planning
- Choice of law provisions
- Challenging the validity of a prenuptial agreement
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What clauses should be included in a prenuptial agreement?
- What are the key considerations when drafting premarital agreements for first time marriages, subsequent marriages, and later-in-life marriages?
- What issues should be addressed in anticipation of standing up to future challenges to the agreement?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
She concentrates her practice in the areas of family law. She is Chair of the Family Law Section of the Philadelphia... | Read More
She concentrates her practice in the areas of family law. She is Chair of the Family Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association. She is also a member of its Executive Committee and is CLE Coordinator. She is a frequent writer and speaker on family law issues.Close
Leonce A. Richard
Mariscal Weeks McIntyre & Friedlander
His practice focuses almost exclusively on complex family law/domestic relations matters of all types. He has over 20... | Read More
His practice focuses almost exclusively on complex family law/domestic relations matters of all types. He has over 20 years experience in handling appellate cases involving family law matters and also does extensive work negotiating and drafting premarital/prenuptial agreements. He served on various Arizona State and County Bar Committees concerning family law and lectures on family law topics.Close
Jeffrey A. Soilson
Sally & Fitch
He represents clients in a broad range of family law matters, including divorce, custody, child support, alimony,... | Read More
He represents clients in a broad range of family law matters, including divorce, custody, child support, alimony, removal, paternity, contempt, modification, and drafting prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements. He is an author and frequent speaker on family law topics, including co-authoring, “Premarital Agreements” in Massachusetts Divorce Law Practice Manual.Close