Premises Liability: Successfully Rebutting Common Defenses, Focusing the Blame on Defense Conduct
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
The CLE webinar will discuss keys for successfully rebutting the most common defenses to personal injury claims arising from dangerous conditions in the workplace, business establishments, and apartment, condominium or hospitality settings. The program will explore how to stop the defense from shifting blame to the plaintiff and emphasize that alleged failures of the defendant threaten the entire community.
- Overview of premises liability
- Defusing defenses
- Contributory negligence
- Intervention by third parties, including criminal acts
- Countering "lack of foreseeability" defenses
- Preventing unfair apportionment
The panel will review these and other important issues:
- How to overcome the situation when the plaintiff had reason to know of hazardous conditions
- What are the typical affirmative defenses for premises liability?
- How can the plaintiff's counsel recognize the shift in blame and focus?
- How can arguments on the unfair apportionment of blame be countered?
Eustace de Saint Phalle
Rains Lucia Stern St. Phalle & Silver
Mr. de Saint Phalle has established himself as one of California’s top personal injury trial lawyers, having... | Read More
Mr. de Saint Phalle has established himself as one of California’s top personal injury trial lawyers, having personally litigated multiple cases to settlement, verdict, or judgment with awards in excess of $1,000,000 and as high as $25,000,000. For the last fifteen years, he has been running a trial team dedicated to the representation of injured individuals in California which has handled matters specializing in civil litigation that involve complicated medical issues and disabilities. Mr. de Saint Phalle is an accomplished civil litigator in a variety of areas, including industrial accidents, product liability, exceptions to workers’ compensation, premises liability, professional malpractice, auto, bicycle and boating accidents, as well as business disputes.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 12/18/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $170 (through 12/18/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $24.45 S&H