Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Claims in Auto Accident Cases: Assessing Damages, Proving Claims, Leveraging Experts
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance to personal injury attorneys for identifying signs of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in car accident victims and pursuing appropriate compensation. The panel will discuss best practices for proving PTSD claims and assessing damages, including engaging medical experts to prove the PTSD diagnosis is accurate and the PSTD was caused or exacerbated by the car accident.
- Identifying the signs and symptoms of PTSD in auto accident victims
- Proving causation and assessing damages
- Using experts to establish causation and damages
- Cross-examining the defendant's expert witness
- Settlement negotiations with insurance adjusters
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What challenges do personal injury counsel face in proving PTSD claims?
- What factors should personal injury counsel consider in determining the monetary value of a claim?
- What are best practices for working with experts to establish causation and damages for claims?
- What are best practices for negotiating settlements with insurance companies related to claims?
Dr. Lori Cohen, Ph.D.
Independent Claim Consultants Network
As a licensed psychologist in Massachusetts, Dr.Cohen has consulted to workers' compensation, disability, and... | Read More
As a licensed psychologist in Massachusetts, Dr.Cohen has consulted to workers' compensation, disability, and property/casualty companies, among others, for more than thirty years. She has reviewed many thousands of IME reports and has trained psychologists, psychiatrists, and neuropsychologists in conducting peer reviews and independent evaluations (IMEs).Close
Rachel V. Rose, JD, MBA
Rachel V. Rose – Attorney at Law
Ms. Rose is an attorney in Houston, Texas, whose primary practice areas are health care, with a focus on HIPAA and... | Read More
Ms. Rose is an attorney in Houston, Texas, whose primary practice areas are health care, with a focus on HIPAA and securities law. She is extensively published and presents on a wide variety of topics. Professionally, she has worked on Capitol Hill, interned at HHS and the Royal College of Nursing in London, as well as working on Wall Street.Close
Dr. Keyhill Sheorn, M.D.
Dr. Sheorn is a general psychiatrist who specializes in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder, and is... | Read More
Dr. Sheorn is a general psychiatrist who specializes in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder, and is especially adept at determining what is, or is not, PTSD. She is the Director of Psychotherapy Training at Virginia Commonwealth University Department of Psychiatry, and is the recent past president of the Virginia Psychoanalytic Society. Dr. Sheorn lectures nationally, providing continuing education to other physicians and professionals in their field.Close