Post-sale Duties: How to Comply and How to Defend Product Liability Litigation after Recalls
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide in-house and outside products liability counsel with a review of current and evolving legal trends in complying with and defending the adequacy of recalls and other post-sale activities. The panel will discuss best practices for managing and defending recalls, typical case theories in lawsuits alleging inadequate recalls, and strategies to defend the product after a recall has occurred.
- Current legal trends regarding the duty to recall and adequacy of recalls
- Requirements imposed by various governments
- Typical product liability case theories
- Defense strategies to defend recall process
- Product liability defense after a recall
- Insurance coverage for product recalls
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the latest legal trends impacting the defense of the adequacy of product recalls?
- What are the plaintiffs' case theories in these cases?
- What are best practices for meeting the post-sale duty to warn, including recalling the product?
- What are the best ways to defend lawsuits alleging recall inadequacies?
- What are the critical insurance coverage issues and challenges for product recalls?
Bowman and Brooke
Mr. Ross practices in the areas of product safety, product liability prevention, and corporate and regulatory... | Read More
Mr. Ross practices in the areas of product safety, product liability prevention, and corporate and regulatory compliance. For many years, he has counseled on recall preparedness, reporting to the government, and undertaking recalls and has served as an expert witness in litigation involving recalls. Mr. Ross is a Partnered Consultant to The Acheson Group, a crisis management consultancy that specializes in recalls and has authored many articles on post-sale duties and recalls (see www.productliabilityprevention.com to see these articles).Close
George W. Soule
Soule & Stull
Mr. Soule has tried over sixty cases to verdict involving product liability, commercial and negligence claims. He has... | Read More
Mr. Soule has tried over sixty cases to verdict involving product liability, commercial and negligence claims. He has coordinated product liability litigation nationwide, defended mass torts and class actions, and counseled manufacturers on product safety issues. Mr. Soule’s clients have included manufacturers of farm and industrial equipment, medical devices, vehicles, and consumer products.Close