Post-sale Duties: How to Comply and How to Defend Product Liability Litigation after Recalls
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide in-house and outside products liability counsel with a review of current and evolving legal trends in complying with and defending the adequacy of recalls and other post-sale activities. The panel will discuss best practices for managing and defending recalls, typical case theories in lawsuits alleging inadequate recalls, and strategies to defend the product after a recall has occurred.
- Current legal trends regarding the duty to recall and adequacy of recalls
- Requirements imposed by various governments
- Typical product liability case theories
- Defense strategies to defend recall process
- Product liability defense after a recall
- Insurance coverage for product recalls
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the latest legal trends impacting the defense of the adequacy of product recalls?
- What are the plaintiffs' case theories in these cases?
- What are best practices for meeting the post-sale duty to warn, including recalling the product?
- What are the best ways to defend lawsuits alleging recall inadequacies?
- What are the critical insurance coverage issues and challenges for product recalls?
Bowman and Brooke
Mr. Ross practices in the areas of product safety, product liability prevention, and regulatory compliance. He... | Read More
Mr. Ross practices in the areas of product safety, product liability prevention, and regulatory compliance. He advises U.S. and foreign manufacturers, product sellers and the insurance industry on ways to identify, evaluate, minimize and avoid the risk of liability, especially product liability, contractual liability and regulatory liability. This advice is provided during product development as well as after sale.Close
George W. Soule
Soule & Stull
Mr. Soule has tried over sixty cases to verdict involving product liability, commercial and negligence claims. He has... | Read More
Mr. Soule has tried over sixty cases to verdict involving product liability, commercial and negligence claims. He has coordinated product liability litigation nationwide, defended mass torts and class actions, and counseled manufacturers on product safety issues. Mr. Soule’s clients have included manufacturers of farm and industrial equipment, medical devices, vehicles, and consumer products.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 03/15/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 03/15/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H