"Pop-Up" Leasing: Practical Considerations, Key Provisions for Landlords and Tenants
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will explore the unique issues facing both landlords and tenants entering "popup" rather than traditional longer-term leases for retail space. Our panel will advise on how best to draft standard lease provisions such as delivery, insurance and maintenance, and provide guidance on how to address the risks associated with such short-term arrangements.
- Overview of concept
- History of retail "pop-ups"
- Considerations of landlords and tenants when entering into short-term leases
- Unique concerns for "pop-up" art galleries or installations
- Short-term lease provisions
- Basic terms
- Exclusion of specific "basic" provisions
- Delivery of possession and condition of delivery
- Approvals and permitting issues
- Right-to-entry and notice
- Assignment, sublease, alterations, holdover
- Defaults, late charges, default interest, remedies
- Rules and regulations
- Personal guaranties of lease obligations
- Reciprocal easement agreements, covenants and existing leases
- Leases vs. licenses
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- What are the practical benefits of entering into pop-up leases?
- What are the risks associated with such short-term arrangements?
- What are solutions to conflicts with REAs, covenants and existing leases?
- What are the roles of social media and omnichannel retailing?
- What rights does a company receive as a licensee vs. as a lessee?
- Is the tenant's liability different under a license than it would be under a lease?
Ms. Fisher’s firm is focused on pop-ups and short-term leasing. She specializes in the tenant representation of... | Read More
Ms. Fisher’s firm is focused on pop-ups and short-term leasing. She specializes in the tenant representation of financial service, legal, consumer, business consulting firms, as well as domestic and international nonprofits. She also advises retailers and corporate portfolio operators on strategies for local and domestic asset optimization and site selection. Ms. Fisher has completed an extensive number of transactions with clients throughout Manhattan and the tri-state area. She has been given numerous awards for her work in the real estate industry and has been elected to leadership positions on several industry boards.Close
Glenn D. Wright
Wright Law Firm
Mr. Wright has handled many billboard, retail, office and commercial leases in the New York metropolitan area for over... | Read More
Mr. Wright has handled many billboard, retail, office and commercial leases in the New York metropolitan area for over twenty years. He primarily represents property owners in outdoor advertising leases. Glenn lectures frequently on commercial leases and transactional matters. He also represents many businesses in real estate related litigation in State and Federal Courts and before local municipalities on permit and license applications.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H