Policing and Protecting Copyrights on the Internet: Latest Approaches and Developments
Navigating Fair Use, Infringement Claims, DMCA Safe Harbor and Secondary Liability Issues
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare copyright counsel to police and protect against copyright infringement on the Internet. The panel will outline the tools available to monitor IP rights and examine fair use defenses and the DMCA safe harbor.
- Direct infringement battles: Section 106 rights, voluntariness and first sale
- Contributory copyright liability
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act safe harbors
- Fair use
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What can copyright owners do to prevent infringement of their IP rights on the Internet?
- What new tools are available for copyright owners to protect their rights?
- What are the best practices for copyright owners facing defenses based on DMCA or Communications Decency Act safe harbors?
Ieuan G. Mahony
Holland & Knight
Mr. Mahony counsels and litigates intellectual property and technology matters, including matters involving... | Read More
Mr. Mahony counsels and litigates intellectual property and technology matters, including matters involving traditional and open source software, software development and integration, IT outsourcing transactions, distance education, "best practices" in data privacy and protection, value-added medical and financial data, traditional and online media, medical devices, and domain names.Close
Peter J. Toren
Weisbrod Matteis & Copley
Mr. Toren has represented clients for over 20 years in intellectual property and commercial litigation matters... | Read More
Mr. Toren has represented clients for over 20 years in intellectual property and commercial litigation matters throughout the United States at both the trial and appellate levels. His practice has a strong focus on patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret cases as well as other complex commercial disputes. In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Toren regularly represents clients in negotiations concerning complex IP licensing and technology transfer agreements.Close