Physician Recruitment and Employment Agreements: Structuring Key Provisions
Avoiding Stark Law and AKS Violations, Overcoming Restrictive Covenant Enforceability Challenges, Anticipating Other Legal Pitfalls
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide healthcare counsel with a review of key considerations when drafting physician recruitment and employment agreements to meet the expectations and obligations of the parties and to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Drafting effective recruitment agreements
- Income and costs to be paid by the hospital
- Practice restrictions on physicians
- Repayment provisions
- Stark Law and anti-kickback considerations
- Drafting physician employment contracts and ancillary agreements
- Duties and responsibilities
- Terms and termination
- Incentive pitfalls to avoid
- Restrictive covenants
- Ownership and access to medical records
- Malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- Interplay between recruitment agreements and employment agreements
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How can recruitment agreements be drafted to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations?
- How can restrictive covenants in employment agreements be structured to avoid being struck down as overly broad and unenforceable?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues during contract negotiations and what are some effective approaches for resolving them?
Ericka L. Adler
Kamensky Rubinstein Hochman & Delott
Ms. Adler focuses her practice in the area of regulatory and transactional health care. She represents health care... | Read More
Ms. Adler focuses her practice in the area of regulatory and transactional health care. She represents health care providers in the areas of HIPAA, Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse, mergers and acquisitions, practice sales and purchase, managed care issues, contracts, corporate organization matters, employment law, reimbursement and patient care issues.Close
Lucia Francesca Bruno
Physicians’ Legal Group
Ms. Bruno has extensive experience in physician and healthcare practice management matters, physician employment... | Read More
Ms. Bruno has extensive experience in physician and healthcare practice management matters, physician employment contracting, co-ownership arrangements, practice sales, strategic planning, mergers and network development, and hospital contracting issues. She lectures to hospitals, medical societies, and universities on practice management, risk mitigation, and a variety of financial and legal issues.Close