Personal Injury Insurance Settlements: Negotiating a Pre-Trial Settlement
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will prepare personal injury counsel with strategies and considerations for pre-trial settlement negotiations with insurance company adjusters for personal injury claims.
- Pre-negotiation strategies
- Crafting the settlement demand package
- Determining the value of the case
- Negotiating with the adjuster
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What motivations of the adjuster must be considered prior to commencing settlement negotiations?
- How can counsel influence the adjuster in setting the reserve for the claim, and why is this critical?
- What can counsel learn in having live conversations with the adjuster after receiving the insurer’s initial settlement offer?
- What are some tried and true negotiation strategies to maximize the settlement amount?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Eubanks Barrett Fasig & Brooks
He is a passionate and skilled trial lawyer on a quest to fight for the rights of injured accident victims. A... | Read More
He is a passionate and skilled trial lawyer on a quest to fight for the rights of injured accident victims. A tough negotiator, he has negotiated settlements of more than a thousand personal injury cases. He has recovered more than $20 million for his clients since he became a partner in 2006. He loves being a lawyer, and he loves fighting for his clients in front of a jury.Close
Marius J. Ged
Ellis Ged & Bodden
He leads the Firm’s Real Estate, Estate Planning, Asset Protection and Corporate Business Transactional... | Read More
He leads the Firm’s Real Estate, Estate Planning, Asset Protection and Corporate Business Transactional Department. He represents private and public companies, private equity funds, banks and investment banks and his practice focuses on entrepreneurs, small to middle market public companies and Fortune 500 companies nationwide and internationally in a variety of industries.Close