Personal Injury and Automatic Braking, Lane-Keeping Assistance, Self-Driving Cars, and More
State Laws and Judicial Decisions on Autonomous and Semi-Autonomous Vehicles, Determining Liability
This program has been cancelled
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel on how new automotive technology--lane-keeping assistance, self-parking, automatic braking, and, yes, self-driving cars--are impacting personal injury lawsuits. Our panelists will discuss these emerging technologies, the liability issues associated with them, and how courts have been addressing these issues.
- Overview of available automated driving technologies
- Impact of automated driving technology on liability in auto accidents
- Discussion of state law dealing with autonomous vehicles and systems
- Analysis of judicial decisions in personal injury cases involving autonomous vehicles and systems
- Best practices for personal injury counsel in advising clients where automated driving technology is at issue
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are current automated driving technologies?
- How do these technologies impact liability in automobile accidents?
- How is state law handling these issues?
- How are courts handling the issue of liability in cases involving automated driving technology?
Jeanine D. Clark
Ms. Clark focuses her practice in civil litigation defense and insurance litigation. She is experienced in handling a... | Read More
Ms. Clark focuses her practice in civil litigation defense and insurance litigation. She is experienced in handling a variety of matters ranging from construction defect to bodily injury. She has experience handling catastrophic injury matters including commercial auto and multi-party litigation. Ms. Clark has lectured extensively on insurance related topics. She has also spoken at client and other presentations in the areas of construction litigation, asbestos, toxic torts and commercial auto litigation.Close
Palermo Law Group
For the past 21 years, Mr. Palermo has dedicated his career to recovering full and fair compensation for injury victims... | Read More
For the past 21 years, Mr. Palermo has dedicated his career to recovering full and fair compensation for injury victims and their families. He has succesfully handled numerous cases that resolved in excess of one million dollars. These cases involve trucking accidents, car crashes and medical malpractice cases.Close