Payment Processing Agreements: Key Provisions for Retailers, Banks, and Payment Processors
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with the tools to understand and negotiate payment processing agreements (PPAs). The panel will break down the many layers in accepting and processing payments from major card networks down through banks, third-party payment processors, sales channels, and merchants, and provide an understanding of the roles and legal responsibilities of each party on issues relating to regulatory compliance, card network compliance, data security, confidentiality, exclusivity, indemnification, fee structures, discount rates, interchange, and reserves.
- Payment processing agreements: understanding the parties and their roles
- Standard provisions: what you should expect to see in a PPA
- Issues for review
- Regulatory compliance
- Card network compliance
- Data security responsibilities
- Assignment rights; subcontractors
- Fee structures (discount rates, interchange, reserves)
- Indemnity obligations
- Additional terms and conditions incorporated by reference
- Data protection: reviewing internal controls to ensure compliance with the PPA
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the roles and responsibilities of the banks, card networks, payment processors, and merchants under a PPA?
- Which provisions in standard form PPAs are problematic for vendors and which are negotiable?
- What are the parties' obligations concerning data security under the PPA, and how might the merchant limit its exposure?
- What does the merchant need to understand fee structures and financial liability under a PPA?
John L. Barton
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
Mr. Barton counsels global industry leaders on complex commercial and legal issues that arise in sourcing and... | Read More
Mr. Barton counsels global industry leaders on complex commercial and legal issues that arise in sourcing and technology transactions. He negotiates major transactions involving SaaS, BPaaS and cloud-based contracts; IT and business process outsourcing; enterprise software licenses; managed network services; and facilities management outsourcing. Mr. Barton also advises banks, merchants, payment processors and card networks on a wide range of payments industry issues and transactions.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 02/12/21)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 02/12/21)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H